Thursday, July 5, 2007





Did everyone have a HAPPY 4th!??! We sure did, despite the rain!! (I LOVE rain, but this is getting to be a little ridiculous, you think?!?!) We had a "small" get together at mom and dads this year - as we usually do, but smaller!! It was nice to just SIT around and BE in the moment!!! We swam, drank Mojitos and had a BLAST!!! Our day was complete with Watermelon, and PINK smoke bombs, as well as DANCING in the RAIN!!!







But, I wanted to blog about something that has been replaying in my mind over and over again!!! Summer Crook, a fellow scrapbooker and friend of Scrap*Funattic, came by with some of her personal albums for us to look over, and one of them was an "All About ME" album!!! It was soooooooooo neat!!! I have one, but not as extensive as she does. Well, it has started a trend at the store Renee is going to start one of her own, and so is Sarah. But, we were talking with some other "gals" about these albums, and someone said that they didn't understand why anyone would want to scrapbook about themselves?!?!?! Why anyone would want to take the time to document their favorite color, or what they did in an average week, or what they did and didn't like about themselves.....................................................so this has got me thinking.........WHY WOULDNT you?????????????????? If something were to happen to me today.....my kids are so young, would they remember what I looked like without photos? Would they recognize my handwriting? Would they be able to answer questions about me to their friends at school? Sure, now, if you ask my boys what my favorite color is - they'd say PINK!!! But, would they REMEMBER that if I weren't here????? Soooooooo, I guess what I'm trying to say here, is it's NOT SELFISH of you to do an "all about me" album - about yourself!!! We do it for our kids.....we do it for our husbands, for our pets - everytime we scrapbook - don't we??? We're leaving our "mark" so to speak by scrapbooking every day moments!! You don't have to scrapbook JUST about your vacations, or birthdays and Christmas. If we (Scrap*Funattic) started a MONTHLY all about me class - would their be interest there?????? If you were "forced" (so to speak!) to take a class, and look into YOURSELF, would you do it????? I'm anxious to hear back from ya'll!!!




Now, for those of you who are new to this "blogging" stuff......you can post your comments here, they'll be viewed by all - and you'll have to "sign up" to Blogger - but it's free!!! If you'd rather just email me at the store - you can do that as well!!! scrapfunattic@cox.net OR you can go to http://www.scrapfunattic.com/ and click on "contact us" and send me an email that way!!




Just something to think about!!! I'm taking a personal class taught by Alicia Day - a week in MY life - and I'm anxious to start that! It'll be interesting to look back in a year and see what I did in an average week!!!!




Until next time!!! Have a good one!!!



~steff




4 comments:

kristyM said...

Hey...That's such a great idea for a class. I would love a class like that!!! I'm so glad you guys had a great 4th...looks like you took some super fab pics!!

Later Kristy

Liz S said...

Hi,

I would take a class like that. I've thought about the very same things Steff. What if I was gone today, would my younger kids remember anything about me. SIGN ME UP!

Glad your 4th was great, mine was also.

Liz

Summer said...

Hey Steff!! Just wanted to stop in & say I think that would be a great class to offer! I would love to add more to my book. It is definitely a work in progress!!!Glad to hear you liked it!
Love the pink fireworks & the pics!!

take care,
Summer

Anna said...

I would love to be a part of an "All about Me" album class. I keep saying I am going to do one, but haven't gotten around to it, keep scrapping everyone else! Sign me up too!